Tuesday, October 23, 2012

CCC-Fancy Folding


It's with great sadness that I write my last post for the Creative Card Crew.  I decided to step down from the Design Team when I found myself crying and practically hyperventilating trying to get everything done that I needed to get done.  Ken didn't tell me what to do, but the look he gave me when I tried to explain my stress was enough.

I have too much on my plate.

Buying a new house
Starting a new business
Getting a puppy
and working on 2 design teams should probably never be combined.

So until the puppy is trained, and the move is over ... I'm removing a few things from my overloaded dixie plate!  Mari generously offered that I could return when I was feeling more "balanced."  And I would love to because CCC has been one of the best experiences.

But on to this week's challenge over at Creative Card Crew.

We'd like you to show us your fancy folding techniques.

I have to admit that this is a bit out of my comfort zone.  I am a simple card maker ... if I can't put it in an envelope and mail it, what is the point?  Having said that, I have to admit that I REALLY like what I made.  I  plan to let the boys give these to their teachers for Halloween.  I'm going to slap some chocolate inside the boxes and tape a Starbucks gift card to the back ... and voila, best room mom EVAH!!


Our sponsor is Stamp Fairy.  I REALLY like her new Halloween images.  Although the team always gets a few images to play with, I immediately went and bought the rest of the images.  They were too cute to pass up.  This week's winner gets a $10 gift certificate to spend on-line which is a pretty cool prize.

So get out there and put some folds in your paper.  If you need some inspiration, check out what my teamies made this week.


4 comments:

  1. Adorable treat containers...love these! Agree, Gerda has awesome Halloween images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Love your Halloween image and love the design on your treat box. Great job and hope things get better for you. You have a lot on your plate right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your treat boxes are adorable, Joanna ! Love the images on it and your coloring is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cards are amazing! You will have to share how to do those. You are extremely talented with paper and ink. I wish I had your creativity. Hope things settle down soon in a fancy new craft room.

    ReplyDelete