Thursday, December 10, 2015

Bugaboo Chaos #6

Today (sigh)

The Catch The Bug Challenge wants us to

"SHOW US YOUR WRAP
Whip up some sort of holiday gift wrap - could be a gift tag, bag or treat tin...
Show us your wrap!"

Oh ... is that all?

So not my "thang" (I make cards, people!!) but I rose to the challenge.  I've been pinning scrubs and lotions on Pinterest thinking that someday I might make some.

Today was the day.  The recipe that I started with was three ingredients: Coconut Oil, Sugar and whatever smelly oil you wanted.  But as I made the scrub (and tried it out) I found that it really needed some more emollients to leave the skin softer.  I settled on Almond Oil

So here is the final recipe:

1 c . Sugar
4 oz. Coconut oil
2 oz. Almond oil

and a whole buncha peppermint oil (I added some food coloring to make it pretty but it's optional)

I used some Bugaboo images to decorate the top (and then trimmed a few branches off my fake Christmas tree ... shhhhh) to finish it off.  They actually turned out kinda cute.



4 comments:

  1. The image is adorable!! Awesome scrub!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea for presents and scrubs are so refreshing. I love the label and image you chose. Thanks for joining us for our Christmas Chaos at Catch the bug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out awesome! So glad that you rose to the challenge at Catch the Bug and Christmas Chaos. Whoever gets these will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cute Jo! I adore the little jars. And I cracked up about the cutting branches from your tree. Thanks for joining us for Christmas Chaos at Catch the Bug.

    ReplyDelete