Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Tutorial: Altered Tin


It's the last Wednesday of the month so it's time for another tutorial.  This month I'm altering a tin and filling it with fudge to give to my neighbor.

I had SO many people help me make this year's Junior Diabetes Research Foundation "One Walk" fantastic and I'm trying to make something for each of them.

My first step to altering my tin was to gather up all my supplies. I knew that I needed a container of some kind, some ribbon, an image and coordinating holiday papers

But ... I wasn't really certain what materials would work so I gathered a bunch of things in anticipation.  Thankfully, my kids took one for the team and ate one of their favorite cookies so I could have this tin.

Step Two: Ugh, can you believe it ... the tin was 2 inches too big for standard 12 x 12 papers so I had piece the papers to cover the entire tin.  I was seriously bummed out but, on the bright side,  I doubt my neighbor will notice or care.  He will be more interested in the fudge.

Step Three was to decorate the top using my Spellbinders dies.
I decided to use the Bugaboo image: Christmas Hedgie.  I colored him and cut it out, also using my dies.

Finally, I popped him on my tin, added some ribbon and called it done.  It was a fairly easy project.  My only recommendation is to use REALLY strong tape.  I ended up using this tape, but any permanent tape will work.

I think that my neighbor will really like the fudge.

1 comment:

  1. Joanna, this is great!!! Lovely idea and beautiful coloring. Great that you support the research...I've been diabetic since the age of 11...so it's been a few years now, hehe. It was a wonderful time with my son, and he wanted me to stay longer which I never thought would be the case they he would actually miss home. I did it in 2 days on the way down and all 18 hours (took 2 hours extra due to heavy traffic) on the way back. I wanted to get through Chicago when there wasn't much traffic so that was in the middle of the night. I don't mind driving, but it is more fun when someone is with you. It was through beautiful areas so I can't complain. I'm just sore from sitting so much and I'm not used to that...I see my massage therapist on Friday. Thought of you too because you were doing the SAME thing!

    ReplyDelete